People with a disability and their families need a secure future. The struggle for essential services and support is never ending – from early intervention to equipment, respite, accommodation, employment and family support.
It is time to change the way services for people with a disability are funded in Australia.
A planned, fully-funded, National Disability Insurance Scheme will underwrite sustained, significant, long-term improvements in meeting the needs of people with a disability and their families.
Five minutes could change your life
Imagine a future where people with a significant or complex disability had free and ready access to all the services and equipment they need.
Show your support for the National Disability Insurance Scheme and tell the government about the difficulties faced by you and your family.
Your comments will help shape the National Disability Strategy – a vision of what life could be like for people with a disability and their families in Australia.
You are your children’s only advocate and yet you have taken the time to read the paper on the National Disability Insurance Scheme and post your comment. It is through your action we can effect change for our children.
A case for change
When my son was initially diagnosed with cerebral palsy at eight months, my wife and I had only heard of the condition and were not aware of the impact it would have on all our lives.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is endorsed by 63 of the largest and oldest disability and community organisations in Australia. Join this group of organisational supporters.
- Disability Services Australia
- The Spastic Centre
- Northcott Disability Services
- House With No Steps
- Community Connections Australia
- Greenacres Disability Services
- Good Samaritan Industries
- Mai-Wel Group
- UnitingCare Disability
- Sunshine Home
- The Centre for Cerebral Palsy
- Carers Alliance Australia
- MND (Motor Neurone Disease) Association of NSW
- MND (Motor Neurone Disease) Australia
- Help Enterprises
- Job Placement Ltd
- Achieve Foundation
- Oak Tasmania
- The Bedford Group
- Endeavour Foundation of Queensland
- E W Tipping Foundation
- Cerebral Palsy League of Queensland
- AFFORD, Australian Foundation for Disability
- Ability First Australia
- Novita Children’s Services
- CP Australia
- Cootharinga Society of North Queensland
- St John of God ACCORD
- Benevolent Society
- Redlands Bayside Disability Services
- Carpentaria Disability Services
- Somerville Community Services
- Nardy House
- Eastern Disability Access Resource
- Housing Choices Australia
- Life Without Barriers
- Berry Street
- Families Australia
- ParaQuad NSW
- CleverLocal seo
Each year, these not for profit organisations provide services to thousands of Australians with a disability and their families.